Tuesday, July 25, 2006

birthing & babies...



Giving birth was the most amazing experience, I had so much fun. Yes, I said "fun." During the entire pregnancy, I maybe took 5 tylenols and was still wigging out about those. I guess I was saving up my drug usage for the birth, because I felt justified to load up with epidurals. It was incredible and I truly enjoyed the experience, albeit being a little loopy :) I actually pulled Lucas out!! Incredible!! my doctor is one of very few who allow their patients to deliver their own babies. She pulled him out to his shoulders and then & allowed me to do the rest. Knowing I'd be doing that really kept me motivated & thrilled throughout the entire labor [18 hours, thank you very much!] The delivery was by far, the neatest thing I have ever done.
A friend of mine photographed the labor & birthing, and those photographs mean soooo much to my family and I. Because of Lucas, I'm now inspired to expand my services to include birthing and baby/children photography. I have photographed past clients children & infants (it's very cool to watch their family grow & be there to literally document their lives) , but never advertised the service ... I'm now loving those tiny toes and itty bitty hands and am opening up my services to include new clients.... Feel free to visit my updated galleries and take a look at the new additon... Little Lucas.
In this posting, I've attached photographs from my own birthing process, all were taken by Tara Rochelle... Birthing photography really is amazing, I'm so excited to have these memories on film, THANK YOU Tara! I cannot wait to give other families the same beautiful memories that Tara has given me. Look for pricing and additional info shortly...

No comments: